Letters from the Chancellor
updated 6/22/22Public School 159 Queens
Kindergarten Registration 2022-2023
The Kindergarten registration process has begun. If your child has been offered a Kindergarten seat at P.S. 159Q, please do the following:
- Log into your MySchools.nyc account and accept/decline your child’s offer. You have until May 6th to do this.
- If you accept your offer, you can officially register your child at P.S. 159Q by coming into the Main Office Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. (please note: call Maria Giambrone at 718 423-8553 for special circumstances/other options/translation).
Please bring the following documents with you at the time of registration:
- Proof of Birth: Passport or Birth Certificate (original and copy)
- Proof of Immunization (original and copy)
- 2 Proofs of residency: (original and copy)
- Lease agreement, deed, mortgage statement, residential utility bill (gas or electric), maintenance bill, water bill, property tax, documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency (IRS, city housing or Human Resources Administration), Pay stub from your employee with your address, rent receipt which includes the address of residence, State, City or other government issued identification (including an IDNYC card), official NYS Driver’s License or learner’s permit, official payroll documentation from an employer, a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt, voter registration documents which include the name of the parent and the address of residence, unexpired membership documents based upon residency, evidence of custody of the child, including but not limited to judicial custody orders or guardianship papers
- Please note: All of the above MUST be dated within the past 60 days.
- If you decline your offer, there is no need to do anything.
- For PS159Q current Pre-K students ONLY: If you have received an offer letter, packets will be sent home with your child. Please complete the paperwork and return them with the required documents to the Main Office. If you require the documents in any other language other than English, please send a note to Maria Giambrone with your child’s name, class and preferred language.
Please know that assistance is always available. If you require assistance or translation, please call the Main Office at 718 423-8553 to set up a date and time.
Thank You!Public School 159 Queens
COVID-19 Testing for StudentsPublic School 159 Queens
DOE Health Screening
Please see the attached link.
All DOE employees, students, families, and visitors seeking to enter DOE buildings must complete a health screening before entering DOE facilities. This health screening must be completed on each day of arrival and results will reset at midnight of each day. Upon entering the facility you will be asked to provide the results of your screening either by showing your phone or a printout of the results.Public School 159 Queens
2021-2022 School Year CalendarPublic School 159 Queens
Summer Rising Program 2022Public School 159 Queens
Every Friday is School Spirit Day!
Show your School Spirit by wearing our school T-Shirt or PS 159’s colors of Blue & White.
You can purchase a School Spirit T-Shirt from the PTA along with a variety of other School Spirit Active Wear. Also, our Physical Education Teachers have shirts and apparel for sale that help support our Physical Education Program.
**If you ordered school apparel from Ms. Marcus and did not receive it due to school closing, you will receive your order when school resumes.**Public School 159 Queens
Emerging Stars After School Program at P.S.159Q
PS 159 Snapshots
Our mission is to create a safe, nurturing and educationally stimulating environment for all students. Through our commitment to the Next Generation Learning Standards based instruction, and the values of a multi-ethnic, democratic society, our dedicated school staff works diligently to provide our students with multi-tiered supports with an emphasis on both academics and Social Emotional Learning.